Roasted Green Tomato Canapes

By Jeanie Rose | Tomatoes

Nov 02

Roasted Green Tomato Canapes at FreshBitesDaily.comThis is a real sleeper. I roasted a pan of green tomatoes out of curiosity. There was such a pile of them, wasting a few green toms was no big deal. The experiment was on! The end result was so delightful and tasted most excellent on a cracker with cream cheese and roasted garlic.

Ingredients

• Crispy whole grain crackers
  • Roasted green tomatoes at room temperature or warmer
  • Softened lebneh (kefir cheese) or creamed cheese
  • Roasted garlic cloves (roast a couple of garlic heads with the tomatoes)
  • Hot sauce of your choice
  • Cilantro leaves or other fresh herb for garnish

Steps

1. Gently spread the cheese on the crackers.
  2. Select a roasted tomato half. Press it gently to flatten and then place on top of the cheese.
  3. Squeeze a roasted garlic clove or two to flatten and place it (them) on top of the tomato.
  4. Drizzle just a bit of hot sauce on top of your cracker creation. Choose a hot sauce mild enough to not overwhelm the other flavors on your cracker.
  5. Garnish each cracker creation with a bit of fresh herb: cilantro, basil, parsley, dill, oregano — any will do. Or make each cracker unique with different herbs.

Roasted Green Tomato Canapes at FreshBitesDaily.com

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
8 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Shane Curtis
Shane Curtis
7 years ago

What a great looking recipe. I love the presentation of the food. Glad to see some good recipes for green tomatoes. Love it much.

Sarah Park
7 years ago

This recipe looks really healthy and perfect for the kids. They will surely love this one.

Stacey
7 years ago

For a foodie and a starting gourmet chef like me, I’d definitely try this superb recipe. You’ve given bland soda crackers and cheese a new life with your special canapes.

Sandra
7 years ago

Honestly, I’m more of a main course type of person and I’m not used to canapes and fine dining. (yes I consider them a part of fine dining, those canapes) But these goodies are a must-try! I hope they’re very filling too, not to mention uber-nutritious.

Kelly
7 years ago

Canapes with a twist! I am not a vegetarian but then again, green tomatoes, cheese, and crackers, and a bit of spice is definitely one delish treat!

Calra
7 years ago

I could just imagine popping the canapes on my mount without worrying the awful (for me) taste of green tomatoes. They just look and taste so delicious. I’m actually printing down a list of the ingredients so I could work on them for fine dining dinner tonight

Aayna
7 years ago

Hey Jeanie,
I just love tomato canapes. My friend used to prepare canapes for me, but she used a different method. I will try the recipe you have given for the tomato canape, and surprise my friend. Thanks a lot for this recipe.

Fatima
7 years ago

I am surely going to serve it for starters on my New Year’s party. Thanks for sharing.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x

​Join the 3-Day Weight Loss Challenge!